Sunday, February 19, 2012

I was branded a Mochilato thief, and less than a person

On the way home from Laguna Beach, we stopped by Cafe Mochilato in Irvine to pick up 7 mochilatos; 3 for me, 3 for Helena and 1 strawberry for Elin, her favorite.  Mochilato is a delicious gelato inside of mochi, a Japanese soft dough-like substance.  Cafe Mochilato describes it as "provides a fusion of both dynamic flavors of Asian (Mochi) and European (Gelato) delicacy just for your satisfying taste".  Mochi ice creams are sold at Trader Joe's, but the ones at Cafe Mochilato come with gelato inside.



On the way home and after, Elin was acting defiantly, and she continued in that state after I deprived her of eating her strawberry mochilato.  So I decided the next level of punishment, since nothing was sinking in, was to eat her strawberry mochilato in front of her, which I did.  She immediately went into a frenzied state, and hurled a bunch of insults at me in Swedish, which I was later told was the following:

  • I'm gonna put pappa in a long loooong time out.
  • Mamma, you can't just take someone else's strawberry mochilato and eat it.  Then you're just a thief and not a real person.
Later, after she calmed down and ate her mac and cheese, and a substitute vanilla Mochilato, she made the following comments:
  • I wanna watch Mochilato on T.V.
  • Mochilato is gonna go on a time out in my stomach.  And you can't play around in there until your time out is over.
So I ate Elin's strawberry mochilato, was branded a thief and less than a person, and strawberry is not even one of my favorite flavors.  This goes to show there are no clear winners in a war.  All sides lose something, some more than others.  My loss was a vanilla mochilato.... I failed to resolve the issue diplomatically.

2-20-2011 update (Monday):  Helena told Elin she would get her something special today because of her good behavior.  She asked, "is it a strawberry mochilato?"  So off they went in the afternoon to Cafe Mochilato, and on the way there, Elin told Helena, "I think we need to eat it right away so pappa doesn't eat it."

Elin and Johanna each got one strawberry mochilato, but Johanna didn't like hers, so Elin ate both.  After what transpired today, it appears Elin may have lost the battle yesterday, but she won the war today.

Elin w/ a vanilla mochilato in her stomach

1 comment:

  1. It appears that Elin is adapt at getting her way. She ended up eating your mochilato and getting two of her favorite mochilatos. She is a shrewd negotiator!

    ReplyDelete