Saturday, July 2, 2011

3 reasons why women's extra pairs of underwear are not for their husbands

Here is what was posted on June 15, 2011, Norwich Evening News 24, "According to a recent survey, British men consider underwear to be a waste of suitcase space and take only three pairs of pants for a week-long holiday.  Women, however, over-compensate for their menfolk and take 10 pairs of knickers for a seven night stay: perhaps the extra three pairs are for their husbands, maybe they’re saucy ones they can use to seduce a swarthy local when they realise they’ve come away with someone who thinks it’s acceptable to reuse their pants."

Here is a CNN video on the topic.

On our vacation to of Sweden, my wife planned a trip to Astrid Lindgren world (ALW) which is a 4 hour drive from my in-laws' house where we were staying.  The itenirary included a half a day stint at ALW followed by a night's stay at the Pippi Longstocking hotel and another day at ALW before heading home.  The hotel room didn't have a shower, but   there were common area showers on most floors.  My wife decided we could do without one during our brief stay.  Even before we arrived, the prospect of forgoing the shower began to look bleak.  The sun was out in full force and the weather hot.  After spending half a day at ALW watching Pippi and Emil shows etc., we drove to the hotel and quickly decided showers for everyone were in order.  Naturally, I hadn't packed a clean underwear, so I had a dilemma:  Continue to wear my old underwear or borrow one of my wife's panties.  I chose the latter, figuring no one would know as long as my wife didn't talk.  These particular panties were Victoria Secret's "Extra Low Rise Hipster" brand, medium size in pink color made in Sri Lanka.  The pictures below are replicas of the original (my wife wouldn't let me post a picture of the actual panties):



For the following 3 reasons this turned out to be a regretful decision:

1.  Disclosure:  Elin and I took our clean clothes with us to the shower on the 2nd floor.  The plan was to walk back to our room with our clothes on rather than in towels.  We finished our shower and no sooner had I put on the panties than Elin pointed to them and asked "whose this?"  She'd recognized immediately something was suspicious about this situation.  So I told her these were mamma's.  Now I was living under the constant threat of her disclosing that I wore women's panties, as was the case a couple of days later when we were driving to Lumma:  She asked her mom what I was wearing today.  I was seated in the back with her as her mom was driving.  Her mom responded "what IS he wearing?"  Elin then asked if I was wearing "Kalsonger" (Swedish for men's underwear).  I told her I would be wearing "Kalsonger" forever, hoping she would never make the same or similar inquiry, particularly in other people's presence.

2.  Comfort:  As evident in the left picture above, there's not much space in the front to handle the extra male anatomy.  The back of the panties is only slightly better, but there is no margin for error when bending over or squatting in public.  My crack would surely be visible to the naked eye.  I had to adjust and readjust the front and back constantly.

3.  Rationale:  Because of reasons 1 and 2, there is no rationale left for any man to use women's panties other than because of cross dresser tendencies, which I thankfully have none.

Less than an hour later, I happily slipped back into my used underwear and put this agonizing and most uncomfortable episode behind me.  Now only if my daughter's memory could be erased.....

No comments:

Post a Comment