Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kids say the darndest things - Part 1


Elin:  I wanna put this pizza in a time out.
Brian:  Why?  What did this pizza slice do?
Elin:  He hit me here (pointing to the top of her head)
Brian:  I don’t think so, this pizza slice can’t move on its own
Elin:  Let’s put that in a time out (pointing to one of my pizza slices)
Brian:  Thinking silently:  No way.  I’m hungry and not about to put any of my pizza slices in a time out.

A day later, we were having McDonald’s for dinner (I know… pizza one night, McDonald’s the next, but the pizza wasn’t for her.  She robbed me of one of my slices after having eaten her dinner earlier).  Elin inadvertently knocked over my Big Mac box and spilled the contents on the rug.
Brian:  Be careful Elin!  Now you have to clean it.
Elin:  (smiling) Now it’s my turn to relax.
Brian:  Why?  What have you been doing up to now, besides making a big mess?

Today, on January 7th at 3:40 p.m., I was lying down with a stomach ache watching the ESPN documentary “Fab Five” when Elin showed up next to me and the following exchange took place:
Elin:  Brian, wash my hands so we can play a game.
Brian:  Okay, but how about we go to the playground instead (trying to avoid playing a kids game at home)
Elin:  Okay.  Let’s play a game and THEN go to the playground.
Brian:  Oh, so you wanna have your cake and eat it too?
Elin:  Yeah, I wanna eat a cake after we come home from the playground.
Brian thinking:  I better shut my trap before this situation gets any worse than it is.
The picture below is right after this exchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment