Saturday, April 28, 2012

But I don't have any scissors!

Irvine Katie Wheeler Library
Saturday, 2:45 p.m.:  Elin and I paid a visit to the Irvine Katie Wheeler Library to return books, a couple of DVDs, and to pick up new books and a DVD.  As we left the building, Elin asked to play in the surrounding area that is a part of the library.  I nodded and sat down on the steps as I wasn't about to follow her in that hot weather.  10 minutes passed.  I got up and found Elin in the yard.

Me:  "Elin, let's go now.  We have to go to Costco."
Elin (defiantly):  "No.  I wanna stay."
Me:  "Okay.  How long do you wanna stay here?"
Elin:  "One hundred tousand [sic] minutes."
Me:  "That's a little longer than we have time.  Do you mind cutting that down a bit?"
Elin:  "But I don't have any scissors."

A few minutes later, as I put Elin in the car seat, I told her:
"Quickly Elin.  We're on a schedule."
Elin:  "How can we turn off the schedule?"

No comments:

Post a Comment